Friday, June 10, 2011

Luminescence Everlasting

I climbed a fourteener today in Colorado, and as such, clearly I was unable to attend Mehdy Hazheer's service. At the peak however, I thought some words towards him. 
I wished that wherever he is now, it was as beautiful as the view from the very top of Mt. Evans, ( and less cold), because someone as awe-inspiring as Mehdy in life deserves an eternity of beauty. My other thoughts tended towards their normal route: poetic. Also they were extended more towards those who attended the service or who would have given anything to be there. 
Losing a son, a brother, a friend, a student, a cousin, etcetera, is the epitome of tragedy. I thought words towards those people, and I feel that it's a relevant fact to know in regards to this piece, that my entire life I have been called Sparrow. I wish I could have been there today, but I said my everlasting goodbyes from where I was. These are the words I would have spoken today at the service, had I been in attendance. 
With much love, Sparrow. 

Luminescence Everlasting

I think I saw a sparrow
Bathing in your flowing tears
She washed away her own griefs and sorrows
In warm and briney currents. 

I think I heard a sparrow
Crying the name you yourself called aloud
Falsetto and bass together
Painting most perfect harmony. 

I think I saw a sparrow
Nestling in your heaving chest
Seeking the shelter of human empathy
For she too has suffered losses. 

I think I heard a sparrow
Whispering towards your ear,
"Though the blackest vacant space
Left by lack of presence swells and grows
With threats to steal away
Every light you have ever known,
You are never alone."

And I think she may be right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment