Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's a Sign. Part One.

Alright, so have you ever seen a sign on the street that you just HAVE to take a picture of? Some crazy phrase or horrific misspelling that you simply must show someone? Welcome to my everyday life. It's quite sad how easy it was to compile all the pictures I have of signs that make me laugh. So, I decided that instead of storing all these pictures on my iPhone and occasionally flipping through, stumbling upon one, and laughing, I should probably make use of them. Ergo: SummerSalt viewing pleasure. You're welcome. So the first part of the series (dunno how long it will be yet), is from my journey to Hong Kong over Christmas break to go visit my family. Enjoy.
After my first groggy and un-time adjusted night in Hong Kong (11 hours time difference), this was the first thing I saw on the street. Classic. Wait, I changed my mind. Actually the first thing I saw was waking up and looking out my window down to a whole pig being butchered on the sidewalk. No worries, they later hosed the cement. Completely sanitary. Ha.


Me and my mama, trying to avoid being hit by a bus by Deep Water Bay. We later realized it would probably make more sense for us to have switched places. 

Turtles protesting. Total win.

What frequently scares me about these kinds of signs, is that they're put there because someone did that once before.

Use your imagination. I'd hate to ruin this by explaining it.

If you've ever heard that in China, you have to.... ya know, in a hole... that's not a joke. This is the sign on the outside of the toilet.



Of course you have options, there's usually one sitter. 
Actually outside of our apartment. Made coming home feel very welcoming. Who doesn't like to be greeted by a cyclops cephalopod?
Again, not ruining this one.


Eat in total? Customer right reason? So many reasons this is a fabulous sign. P.S., we do not chow down on 84 dollars worth of BK, nor do we endorse the establishment, but it was our only option quick enough on top of the mountain to see the light show down below in the city. In American dollars, this is around 10 bucks.

Keep in mind, this is in Hong Kong.

Outside of my godbrother's door <3

No comments:

Post a Comment