Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Denvah

Greetings readers of SummerSalt, from gate C15 of RDU airport. It's a bright and shining (ha, not really) 6 in the morning and I'm awaiting my flight that will whisk me away to Denver.
I am currently packing 30 small slips of paper only slightly bigger than my index finger. Written on them is the SummerSalt slogan (Pass the salt?) and the website.
I got the idea from Jerry Spinelli's novel, Stargirl. The heroine of the story for whom the book is named after, drops change for people to come across. She loves the look of excitement a person has when he or she stumbles upon a serendipitous coin in an unexpected place.
How does this relate to slips of paper, you might ask. Well I'll tell you. These are, in a metaphorical sense,-pause- boarded plane. Greetings from seat 9A. So hopefully people will pick up these emblems I'll drop off in random places and maybe, just maybe, I'll make them smile.
Better go before a flight attendant yells at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment