Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's a Sign. Part Three.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. In recent escapades, I've found so many delightful signs I simply had to continue the series. So, background: in Part One I had humorous or thought provoking signs from my Christmas vacation in Hong Kong. Part Two was simply various trips I've made. The following addition is from my adventures in Topsail Island with my best friend, Jessie Tomlinson, and Philadelphia, where I'm staying for the next two weeks.
Okay, I lied. I forgot this one from Virginia. Misleading as I didn't know there was a U.S. boundary in the mountains...

Even to a vegetarian, I would prefer my bacon cooked. 

Apparently this restroom is reserved only for women and ninjas poised for action.


We dubbed this sign Franklin the turtle.

Note: Choclate.

Not the greatest thing to see on a nice day out.

So, from my limited knowledge of Latin roots, I know that Sans means without. Without appeal? Umm... branding issue.

I discovered that Franklin the turtle sign has a distant cousin up in Philly.

Note: My name is Summer. So get down and worship me at 9:30 on the dot.

All handbags "are 20%" 20% what? And why is it in quotation marks?

I don't know what would lead to someone spray painting PROB over an entire garage, but I'd like to think it was a response to a spray painted "Will you go to prom with me?" I don't know why Bilbo was dragged into it, though.

Note: This was a sign for a preschool.

Klassy with a capital K.

The honeymoon can be a visit to the Eastern State Penitentiary, as long as they're only there between 10 and 5.


Curses. I forgot to rotate this one, and I'm too lazy to do it now. Sorry to make you go to all the effort of tilting your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment